RF Meters - Cross posted

An interesting article, if not somewhat disturbing in parts to think some areas will still be "hot" in 2525. Maybe the basis for a debate on keeping nuclear technology out of the hands of idiots.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Bob Parker wrote

Down, boy |-)

Reply to
Rod Speed

On Jun 27, 12:49 am, "Alan Rutlidge"

Reply to
David L. Jones

at

That whole story is a hoax.

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

What, the Chernobyl disaster or the biker's story with the somewhat convincing photos?

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

LOL, you have to ask? I may be known for being predisposed towards conspiracy theories, etc.... but come on! :) I meant the biker's story.

As I recall, she eventually admitted to it being more than a little embellished after a number of people picked up on some inconsistencies and factual errors. If you're sufficiently interested, do a search on 'Chernobyl biker hoax' or similar. There shouldn't be too much trouble bringing up some relevant links.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

"Alan Rutlidge"

Reply to
Michael J

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

ot

Click on "SHOW TRANSCRIPT"

Not sure about now, but back then it was possible to book a legitimate tour to Pripyat. Travel was on four wheels.

Reply to
rowan194

Whether she was on a bike or in a car is a moot point, the factual disaster of Chernobyl is what counts. You can't discount the dangers of nuclear power because one person drives a car instead of a motorbike.

Dorfus

Reply to
Dorfus Dippintush

te:

not

There's no doubting that there's some serious s#& going down at Chernobyl, but the fact that she was caught lying about her mode of transport makes you wonder how much else on her site has been sensationalized for the reader. I look at the images but take the captions with a grain of salt.

Reply to
googlegroups

Exactly. So basically her story is just that - a story. The realities about what Chernobyl has become since the meltdown goes without saying (or should do anyway).

--
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Yes, it will just take time. A lot of time.

:-P

Reply to
Peter

Yer not wrong there...

It's especially sad, because that whole region was once one of the most fertile farming areas in Europe. Even ignoring the radiation contamination, the Soviets allowed it to become horribly polluted in all manner of other ways.